Wednesday Night. I was at home, tired. I wasn't doing anything, just lied down on my living room sofa. I begun to wonder deeply about my life and decisions I have made.
I decided to leave my home for a while, so that I could get a moment for me. I went to themain only public square of Pilar, alone as I usually do when I just want to think or figure something out.
When I arrived in the plaza, I took a seat - that classic brazilian plaza seat - and then I started an observation process. I was present in that moment. I saw people's behaviours for a long time. Children were playing, teenagers drinking and talking. There was even a popcorn salesman, and I was sit close to his popcorn vehicle.
The popcorn's salesman was smiling, everything was nice. Suddenly, the quiet atmosphere turns to a discussion on religion. One friend of that salesman - with a bible under the left arm - said that catholics worship saints and objects, and both of them started a really uncomfortable discussion. I felt a heavy atmosphere. This kind of situation aways happens. Some people look like in a no-end cycle, they say the same shits everytime, in order to start a discussion. It seems like some people cannot elevate their minds. Religion is sucks. It is all about segregation and ego. Everyone wants to own the truth, but, in the end, no one have the truth, only illusion.
Okay, let me tell you what happened next. I was almost leaving the seat where I was, when I saw... Guess what! Yes, a girl I didn't give enough attention. A girl I lost - or maybe, I wanted to lose - kissing another man. It wasn't close. I was just observing along approximately 300 meters. I met this girl some weeks ago, it was a very short event. Perhaps, I will tell you more details in another post.
Anyway, I was fine with this situation. She met with other friends - I was still observing - and she walked towards me. She hadn't seen me yet. When our eyes met, she smiled weirdly and greet me. I did the same. And I greet the man with her, as well. I realized that I knew him. Good guy, not a close friend, but aways greet me on Pilar's streets. It was everything okay.
Five seconds later I noticed Julia, the sister of a friend of mine. I don't usually talk anything to her, because we are not that close. However, this time I pronunced her name, out loud, as a greeting. Everyone kept walking (there were a group of five people, more or less), but Julia stopped and hug me. And, for a moment, I wondered we both together - shit, I aways do it! She is nice. Maybe it could work.
Anyway, I leave the plaza and went to a hottest point of Pilar: "Espetinho Massa" (It is not the hottest point on Wednesday, though. There are no hottest points in the middle of week) I grabbed one beer, two - blinked my eyes - five beers. There, I saw a really friendly dog. Its deep gaze asking for food was incredible persuasive. I wonder if it was an outcome of evolution.
The strategy of the dog to get food from humans is simple, it consists of staring us and bending the head. Perfect! It involves emotional appeal. For one sec, I remembered me sit on the plaza seat. I wasn't actually staring someone or something, but as that dog, I was just stopped, and, someway, asking for something to happen.
I decided to leave my home for a while, so that I could get a moment for me. I went to the
When I arrived in the plaza, I took a seat - that classic brazilian plaza seat - and then I started an observation process. I was present in that moment. I saw people's behaviours for a long time. Children were playing, teenagers drinking and talking. There was even a popcorn salesman, and I was sit close to his popcorn vehicle.
The popcorn's salesman was smiling, everything was nice. Suddenly, the quiet atmosphere turns to a discussion on religion. One friend of that salesman - with a bible under the left arm - said that catholics worship saints and objects, and both of them started a really uncomfortable discussion. I felt a heavy atmosphere. This kind of situation aways happens. Some people look like in a no-end cycle, they say the same shits everytime, in order to start a discussion. It seems like some people cannot elevate their minds. Religion is sucks. It is all about segregation and ego. Everyone wants to own the truth, but, in the end, no one have the truth, only illusion.
Okay, let me tell you what happened next. I was almost leaving the seat where I was, when I saw... Guess what! Yes, a girl I didn't give enough attention. A girl I lost - or maybe, I wanted to lose - kissing another man. It wasn't close. I was just observing along approximately 300 meters. I met this girl some weeks ago, it was a very short event. Perhaps, I will tell you more details in another post.
Anyway, I was fine with this situation. She met with other friends - I was still observing - and she walked towards me. She hadn't seen me yet. When our eyes met, she smiled weirdly and greet me. I did the same. And I greet the man with her, as well. I realized that I knew him. Good guy, not a close friend, but aways greet me on Pilar's streets. It was everything okay.
Five seconds later I noticed Julia, the sister of a friend of mine. I don't usually talk anything to her, because we are not that close. However, this time I pronunced her name, out loud, as a greeting. Everyone kept walking (there were a group of five people, more or less), but Julia stopped and hug me. And, for a moment, I wondered we both together - shit, I aways do it! She is nice. Maybe it could work.
Anyway, I leave the plaza and went to a hottest point of Pilar: "Espetinho Massa" (It is not the hottest point on Wednesday, though. There are no hottest points in the middle of week) I grabbed one beer, two - blinked my eyes - five beers. There, I saw a really friendly dog. Its deep gaze asking for food was incredible persuasive. I wonder if it was an outcome of evolution.
The strategy of the dog to get food from humans is simple, it consists of staring us and bending the head. Perfect! It involves emotional appeal. For one sec, I remembered me sit on the plaza seat. I wasn't actually staring someone or something, but as that dog, I was just stopped, and, someway, asking for something to happen.
Comments
Post a Comment